Thursday, July 30, 2009

Surprise Around the Corner


Have you ever taken a wrong turn that took you to an unexpected and amazing place? It happened to me the other day and for a brief moment what I saw took my breath away.

I was driving up a steep hill in North Beach, looking for a shortcut to the Financial District. When I got to the top, the street came to a dead end. I looked left, another dead end. The only way out was to go right. As I turned I saw the most incredible view of the Transamerica building.

For a few seconds I forgot about everything, as I stood in awe of the giant pyramid. I’ve seen the iconic landmark hundreds of times, but not from this perspective. It looked so imposing and powerful, perfectly framed by the Victorian style homes.

If you want to check it out, drive or walk up to the top of Green and Montgomery.

San Francisco is such a beautiful city. You never know what treasure you’ll find around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. That is cool to stumble upon something cool like that.

    Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes you take a deep breath and hold it for a couple seconds, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete